Peering into the crowded looking glass



DEMO/EP Release? Almost


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Some good news and some ok news. Good news is that we have our first cut of my band's demo done from ou drummer. OK news is that some work still needs to be done on it. I feel a bit bad b/c my drummer has been hard at work on it on his own, and now with more feedback i'm sure he feels a bit:
    a) sick of listening to it
    b) sick of pestering critics who will never like anything they hear
    c) defensive of his post production work
This is understandable, but hey, we're all working toward a single goal, right? You've got to think of it the same as when we present creative for the first time to a client - it's a first concept, and although we worked hard on it, there's going to be revisions. Perhaps he's used to final approval on the first cut that he's happy with.

Don't get me wrong, I think right now the demo sounds good - lightyears better than anything I could do myself. So sooon, very soon we can have our first demo/EP done.

The ultimate goal is to use this to shop around for bigger venues to play at, and show to contacts in the industry for input and.. well, for more contacts! Once complete, this will be our first official piece of tangible material that will help represent our music. It's a big deal, since now the music can speak for itself w/o a band member like myself to defend it. I'm really hoping find a producer who can see what we're going for and help work with us, on a tight budget of course!

Before I get that far, it's back to working on getting this demo/EP done!

Take care,

RE

"eat drink and be merry"


0 Responses to “DEMO/EP Release? Almost”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Vegasbaby
  • From Toronto, Ontario, Canada
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links