Peering into the crowded looking glass



"NOT"wist


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



The Notwist
Lee's Palace
09.15.05

BULLSHIT. Total BULLSHIT!

Right now i'm listening to Notwist on iTunes, coming back from a "Notwist" show. This is because i only heard ONE song from their library of tunes! A SHAM! FOUL!

I bought tix to see The Notwist, a cool amibent electronic band. They're kinda like Death Cab but a bit more experimental. I go to the show a bit late b/c i heard that they'd be on at 11PM. I get there at 10:30PM and "13&God" come on stage. Kinda late, i'm thinking, but whatever, may be it will be a short 1/2 hr set.
    11:10PM "hm.. may be it's a 45 min set. 2 or 3 more songs TOPS."
    11:20PM "OK, see you later!" (my friend leaves b/c she's gotta get home)
    11:30PM "Thanks again! good night Toronto!" -- "oh great, they're done.. man, i'm gonna be toast tomorrow. Hope it's worth it"
    11:31PM "What? The opener is doing an Encore? This is a first. May be they're a bit opener band...?"
    11:40PM "Another encore? What, they're doing a cover of a Notwist song... !!! HOLY SHIT THIS IS GONNA BE BLOODY IT"
    11:50PM "ANOTHER ENCORE?! Make it stop. please. This joke is on me, isn't it..."
After the last encore everyone leaves. Bewilderment turned to sheer RAGE when i saw on the handwritten sign:

‘NOTWIST and THEMSELVES’ Performing as ‘13 and God’.

Yes, it was a spinoff band a Notwist member or 2 in it! I feel so cheated! Even my ticket says "Notwist". No wonder why their "cover" of Pilot sounded so good. It had the singer/guitarist performing it!!

Man o man, gotta love it. what can i say. Instead of chill electronic i saw triphop/raprock collaboration, with a guy w/a mini red mohawk wearing 1/2 an angel's wing rapping "I am the bank. Stay in debt! Stay in debt!". Not to mention some drunk guy yelling a deafening WAAAAAA--HAH----HOOOO all throughout. That should have been the tip-off telling me this wasn't going to be the ambient electronic experience i was looking for.

A plague on ticketmaster's ticket houses!!

-RE


0 Responses to “"NOT"wist”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Vegasbaby
  • From Toronto, Ontario, Canada
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links