Peering into the crowded looking glass



The Move!


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...




Moving Day! Friday was the big day, with the movers coming in and taking our stuff to the new house. It was quite funny since the new house is only 1 block away :). But it makes a ton of difference.

The new house is away from a really busy side street that many Yonge St. drivers take as an alternate route. It’s quite hectic especially before/after school, because there are 6 schools within a 5 minute drive of my house.

I had the day off from work to help out w/my parents during the move. But my luck, I got a bad case of an office flu that hit HARD 4:00 PM Thursday night. I was out with severe aches and pains, headache, stuffed nose and sore throat. I don’t think I’ve ever had it happen so fast. Usually it’s a sore throat, some sniffling and the next day it hits you. This time I was at work perfectly fine by the afternoon, and could actually feel the virus go into each part of my body within 2 hours. It was crazy.

Rather then being a help on moving day, I was more like a dead weight. My dad told the movers just to move my bed with me in it into the truck, and to be honest, if they did that I wouldn’t have noticed!

Today I feel much better, and can help out a bit more. It’s some kind of 24 hr. knockout virus or something. I have been able to help out by unpacking the basement rec room and upstairs washroom, with the internet hooked up and washroom looking liveable. Even though I was deathly sick, I still mustered the strength to set up my room. It’s a tighter space than my old room, however I took out a piece of furnature to help give it the illusion of a bigger room than it is. Good thing I don’t need too much in my room—all I need to add is my sleek Damien Rice frame and a few candle accents and I’m good (until I move out!). heh. Next week I should be of more use, however most of the big work is already done!

I think I may take a day off work on Monday just incase, b/c I don’t want to spread it to anyone else there, and I don’t think I’ll be able to handle the workload given the sad state I’m in! We’ll see how I feel though!

Take care,

RE

“eat drink and be merry”


0 Responses to “The Move!”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Vegasbaby
  • From Toronto, Ontario, Canada
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links