Peering into the crowded looking glass



Weekend Festivities


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



The Phonenix turned out to be a great time! It was pretty packed, and they played some good old club102 music. For those who don't know about the Phoneix on saturday, basically it's a night of loud rock music that you would hear from Edge102.

I forgot about this night. It was awesome! I totally forgot about the calibre of hot guys there. WOW. Hot guys go to this event, and all i can do is look and admire the hot girls that have them :). I felt bad b/c I saw tons of guys looking at the friend I was with, but i was there.. I know that if she was by herself and walked up to any of those guys, she'd be scoring like no tomorrow! Her wicked hat was definitely the kicker :)

On the way to the club, i ran into an old friend on his way to the Madison. what are the chances eh? He was at a party at an apartment at Sherborne, and was just on his way. he was wearing some kickin' clubbing attire, which i did remember him mentioning in December last year. Geeze, it feels great to have stylin' friends!

Next up after a night of clubbing, we went to Belly Busters, which is the local Lawrence Park area sub sandwich joint. Emm bacon combo subs!! We ate 'em while watching Family Guy episodes, accompanied by some beverages and miss mary. I found myself up into the wee hours in the morning, eyes stuck on TBS and the food network after watching a few episodes of Family Guy.. heh

A Convo with a Creative
On saturday afternoon (before phoenix) I went to meet up with a seasoned Creative Advertising Director. He was the father of one of my friends, so i was grateful for him to lend me a little time over coffee to chat about the advertising industry.

He was very cool and easy to talk to; I was nervous at first, but later started to open up a bit more as the afternoon progressed. We chatted about anything advertising, whether it be commericals, the org chart of advertising, or just general thoughts about what it's like to be in advertising. He was honest and frank with me one many things, which I am happy for. I basically have no chance at being part of the creative department unless either i create some killer porfolio or go back to school and build one though there. But, I do have the credentials for the account management side. I need to talk more with someone who is IN account mgmt, since this director only knows his side of the business. He was very generous in offering find a bit more about that side for me, and perhaps get me to talk with someone from his company there. I'll probably give them a call late next week if he doens't get back to me, since that can be easily forgotten.

He also gave me some good ideas on who to call and what i say, so i'll get on that as soon as he calls me back with the info he gets (or telling his daughter to tell me). I just hope i can get it next week, since I have some other jobs on the go too. What go my blood really movin' was the development of a "social marketing group" in ad companies, specializing in advertising for non-profits. How incredible would what be!?! WOW!!

I may even consider thinking about the creative side as well. I know it will take shit load of work to get noticed, but it's still a possiblity. Who knows. I've always wanted to know if i can think of catchy taglines or ads, and whether they'd be any good! I know that I love playing with words and thinking up clever expressions, so that's a start..

..bah, what i am thinking. I'll try the account mgmt side first, and see what they say!

Take care,

RE

"eat drink and be merry"


0 Responses to “Weekend Festivities”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Vegasbaby
  • From Toronto, Ontario, Canada
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links