Peering into the crowded looking glass



Getting those dancing--err headbopping shoes on!


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



This week is almost over, and I must say I've been quite busy. I've been working more on my website project more, calling people who don't have the time or desire to talk to me. Man, cold calling is tough. It can be quite stressful, since they think i'm some dirty salesmen who has this stupid idea that he's going to sneak one by them. Honestly, this sales/marketing job so far is basically volunteer, and i honestly believe that it can work. I had one principal show how smart they were when they "exposed" that I am selling a product to them.. Of course i am! It's a good service that actually helps students, but you're busy putting out fires that you don't want to give us a chance. I am thus reminded why i never wanted to work in the educational sector :). ARUGH.

I had an interview today, which went ok, so we'll see if i get a call back for 2nd round. If I do take this job, i will have to relocate. I'm not very happy about that, but given my situation I may have to consider it. It's not like i'll be gone forever, but at least 12 months for sure. I would probably move to Guelph, so that's not too far, right? Anyone want to room with me? heh. WE'll see if i actually get a job offer, then i'll actually put more thought into it. There's no sense wasting time and emotional anguish thinking about this so much if i don't even get the job eh!

The "itch" is back...
So it looks like i'll be putting on some headbopping shoes this weekend. I haven't been to a straight club in a while, so I thought it would be a good idea to get back out there for a change of pace. The gay club scene is fine, but then it's really only for gay ppl. I don't see many straight ppl going to such a club, and if they are it's probably just to support a friend who just came out or something. Going to a straight club will be a refreshing change, since i will only be focusing on the dancing, and not the sexual innuendo and shit -- i can look around for others! :)

The only thing that sucks is that lately these clubs play largely hip-hop GRINDING music. Yeah, you know, that jay-z/SeanPaul type of music that somehow makes your hips "fa-shizzle" with the person next to ya. At least at gay clubs they play DANCE music. Heh. I had a funny discussion about this w/a few friends ago, and we were yearning to go to a cool Disco club. Wouldn't that be fucking amazing?! Yeah man, put on some platforms and dance for the sake of dancing! AH well..

In light of this, I'm going with my bandmate to the on Satruday night. I've been there a few times before, and I thought it would be a good ease back into the club scene. Since it's hard rock edge102 night, it's definitely not the typical club, but nonetheless it will be a good time. I haven't been there in AGES! May be i'll go back to El Convento Rico one day too.. hrm..

Anyway, if anyone wants to join us, please tell me!

Take care,

RE

"eat drink and be merry"


0 Responses to “Getting those dancing--err headbopping shoes on!”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Vegasbaby
  • From Toronto, Ontario, Canada
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links