Peering into the crowded looking glass



I need to see Madonna


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I never thought I'd ever title an entry like that, but after seeing a clip from the Madonna Confessions Tour, I realized that i NEED TO SEE MADONNA LIVE!



I love this track - the way it keeps rolling and building without going over-the-top. Oh, and the topless dancers playing monkey bars helps too :)

My previous love "showed me the way" a few years ago when he played her Greatest Hits: Vol 2 album. I realized how many tracks I and really liked - ironically they were the ones he didn't care much for (heh). Since then I've grown a much stronger appreciation to her music. I've been hypocritical because of my battles against Dave Matthews Band haters; you know, the ones who say: "Dave is for white college chicks and their Abercrombie boyfriends." Sure, one can poke fun but his fame was because of the larger-than-life glorious music that they create together, not to mention their intense tour ethic and tenacity. But I digress.

For me, Madonna like Dave to non-dave fans. She was this ominous pop star that topped trash magazines daily and "have my baby!" lists from gay men in North America (and beyond!). I didn't even know where to start; so many albums, so many die hard fans telling you rare tracks to download, and so many "phases" and influences in her career to learn about. It's actually exactly like DMB, except that perhaps average guy Dave couldn't pull off boob horns as well this pop princess.

Thanks to the help from my pink brotherhood (one of which is a die hard fan) I've gotten into Madonna and appreciated her for all her pop goodness. Erotica? A revolt from what the public demanded in the brutal invasion of her private life and the male repression of female sexuality. Ray of Light? A rebirth of Madonna in her experimentation into the electronic/techno genre. American Life? Her words against the US invasion of Iraq. Kabbalah? Gives her scrumptious chiseled abs!

Sources say there will be at least one more major Madonna tour, but it won't be for a little while. When it comes, I will be there. I've missed out for so many years because of my sheer ignorance and anti-pop prejudice.

Does this mean I'll be shelling $100 for nosebleeds to see JT? Not quite.

May be Britney.

Labels:


0 Responses to “I need to see Madonna”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Vegasbaby
  • From Toronto, Ontario, Canada
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links