Peering into the crowded looking glass



Weakerthans and Green Room


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I had a quite and eventful week. The day after my barium test (see post below) I went to Quebec for a presentation and back to Toronto the next day. On Friday, I went out with some friends to check out THE WEAKERTHANS.

It was a solid show, although too short. I remember writing about a show that i saw them perform at last year, when i saw a sign @ Future Bakery saying it was TONIGHT, so litterally walked right over to the show :). This time, however, was quite the opposite b/c i had my ticket bought 2 months in advance!

I don't get into the details of the show (as i tend to blab on about), except that they were bang on, and that my friend recognized the bass player as one of the servers at a local pub he goes to a lot! Cool eh? Apparnetly he gets paid $200 a night to play bass for the band. Not bad eh? I think that was a little while ago, b/c now he's a FT member. Not sure how he's compensated now. Benefit plan? Life Insurance? :)

After the show we decided to head upstairs to the Dance Cave - i did feel old b/c i didn't reconize some of the tunes. That's ok.. they weren't great :). But they did play some 90s repetoire like Sabotage, Wonderwall and Common People.

On Saturday it was one of my friends' going away party @ the Green Room. I love that place. It's got the electic artsy vibe, and the saucy servers to match. Unbenownst to me, this gathering was also to celebrate her Bday as well, which was cool. It was a late night similar to Friday because after we left there at 2AM we went for some late night chinese grub.

And can i say how shocked i am that New Ho's had a line up at 3AM? Dude, New Ho isn't THAT good; it's just cheap greasy chinese food. Emphasize CHEAP :). Nonetheless, still a great place to grab a $4.25 late night dish. Anyway, I was way to hungry to wait in line at 3 AM for food, so we literally walked down the street and walked to another place to eat.

It reminds me of Lee Garden. What a WASTE of money. I used to go there when i was tall, and since they moved the prices skyrocketed. $14 for chicken fried rice? Screw that. The white man got wind of the place and now it's the mecca of Chinese cuisine on Spadina. Ah well. We move on to new places.

Take care,

RE

"eat drink and be merry"


0 Responses to “Weakerthans and Green Room”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Vegasbaby
  • From Toronto, Ontario, Canada
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links