Peering into the crowded looking glass



Over qualified? oi!


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



So I called up the recuitment agency to see what the status was for the Harlequin Job. Unfortunately, I was not chosen for the position. Why you ask? Because they thought I was OVER QUALIFIED for the position, and they would not be able to keep me from being bored in the position.

Excuse me? From the job description, it looked REALLY great, especially as an entry marketing coordinator position. It was super formally written (as i said before), and I had the experience that closlely mimicked many of the responsibilities of the position. So apparently they actually wanted some person who had less experience in marketing, one who didn't do as much related work to their field at university. I think it's the first time i've been rejected this fall b/c they thought it was too seasoned for the job, when on my side i really wanted it.

I guess it's admirable, and perhaps it's better than getting rejected just b/c they didn't like me or thought i couldn't handle it. But it's really hard man, cause now i can think, "did i sell myself TOO well? Did i make myself sound like some huge marketing guru who's just interviewing for the sake of it?" I finally found a job and an industry that I really like, an industry that's hard to get into, and i get canned b/c i was "too good." May be it's just a standard answer they give to all ppl that get rejected, a nice white lie to make the rejected ones feel good about themselves!

Back to the drawing board. I don't know how much longer i can do this.

Take care,

RE

"the future [is a] place to place your better days" -dm


0 Responses to “Over qualified? oi!”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Vegasbaby
  • From Toronto, Ontario, Canada
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links