Peering into the crowded looking glass



Canada Blooms


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Over the weekend I had a free pass to the Canada Blooms show. Unfortunately I thought it was at the Ex when in fact the show was at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre!

When I finally arrived, I was a little disappointed with the show. Having just been to the Interior Design Show, I came out having seen some cool concepts and ideas for pieces to fit in my new place. I also saw a few 'avant-garde' spaces to make you think outside reality (and budget), which is something I expect at shows like this.

Not to say Blooms didn't have their own funky exhibits. But overall, most of the spaces were elegant backyard patio gardens, filled with tons of tulips and evergreens. After awhile, I had a hard time remembering which exhibit I had been to and which I still needed to see!

The clientele was exactly what I expected, skewing to older couples getting jazzed about the new gardening season. It made sense not to overdo the crazy concept garden spaces, since we can safely assume most of the people there weren't looking to put a giant 15 foot wooden neon blue/red wonderland in the middle of their garden.

I was, however, thrilled to come out with a plant for my office cubical. It's a Madagascar Dragon Tree, which I hope will help liven up my space... let's hope it will survive the dry indoor hi-rise building atmosphere. SEE MY TREE BELOW!



-RE

Eat Drink and Be Merry

Labels: , ,


0 Responses to “Canada Blooms”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Vegasbaby
  • From Toronto, Ontario, Canada
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links