Peering into the crowded looking glass



Updates to date


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Boy, it's been a LONG time since written. I wanted to give some updates.

JUROR
Turns out they are very strict on confidentiality, so i best not to keep talking about the case i was assigned. What I can say is that I was the "floor person", leading the sequestered discussion in the back room and having to call out the verdict. It was a little nerve racking to call it out, but also exciting at the same time. It's all done now, and even though they pay shit, turn your day-to-day life upsidedown and put you on an emotional rollercoaster, I'm glad I did it.

The experience showed me how different life can be outside of my own. The legal system is so different than how i function and what i'm used to. From going through security to get to work to assigned lunch hours, it reminds me of how different lives can be. Crazy.

Concerts!
OF course i've been checking out a bunch of concerts. I finally saw Justin Rutledge. AMAZING. It was at the horseshoe during their 60th anniversary celebration week. Ron Sexsmith guest appeared to play a couple songs with him too, which was really awesome. Justin played a 2-hr set, ending past 2AM. See a clip:



Unfortunately I don't know the name of the song. For his encore, him and the guitarist walked into the crowd, stood on the chair and did a sing-a-long w/the crowd, unplugged. Fantastic. And guess what, I've just started seeing this guy who's close friend is the owner of the Dakota. The owner is also in a band called "the beauties", and when i was out with them last week he said they're doing a show with Justin on London in mid-january. He's a friend of Justin's, and invited us out to see their show, party with them and Justin if we can make it to their London show. Serena Ryder and some other folks will be there too. We'll see if I can make it. Sounds like a really good time!

Housewarming/Holiday Party
I also had a housewarming / holiday party. Got chosen by a buzz marketing agency, and hooked me up with this Rum Kit for a new brand they are promoting. The kit is given to like 70 med-sized parties to sample the new product. You get a bottle of rum, lime, coffee grains, shot glasses, tumblers, and a stand for it all. There is this 'ritual" you do w/it: dunk a lime wedge half sugar on one side, half coffee on the other. You suck it back, then take a shot of the rum. Crazy stuff



Take care,
-RE

Labels: , ,


0 Responses to “Updates to date”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Vegasbaby
  • From Toronto, Ontario, Canada
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links